Alert The Next Task Owner

Anthony DAmbrosio
Anthony DAmbrosio ✭✭✭✭
edited 05/08/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello Smartsheets Community,

Does anyone know of an automation that alerts the next person when the above task is marked 100%? For example, when Prospecting is marked 100%, an alert is sent to Elyssa to start her task? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Automation when row is changed. when % complete is 100%. With a condition that dealer name is prospecting. Notify some one. You can create this work flow replacing the condition with the one that just reached 100%

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• Will Jeffords
    Will Jeffords Overachievers

Hi @Anthony DAmbrosio, could you create an additional Contact Column "Next Task Owner" that you populate (either manually or formula-wise) with the resource for the subsequent task? This way you could simply add Elyssa in that "Next Task Owner" for Row 3 in your example and then build a simple automation to alert her when Row 3 is 100%. You could at least make this automation apply to all rows where the "Next Task Owner" is not blank as the alert is all based on data within each row at that point. Probably others have more elegant solutions, but that's a quick work-around I think. Let me know if I'm missing something.

All my best to you,

Will

• @Mark.poole and @Will Jeffords,

First, I want to apologize to you both for now getting back to you. My team has finally finalized the sheet they want to use. I appreciate both of your thoughts on assigning individuals to specific tasks.

I have another question. How would you use the "Assign People" automation when a specific tasks is marked 100% to assign two different people to two different tasks. For example using the screen shot below. When "Gate: Dealer Application is Submitted" is marked 100%, assign Sarah Glenn to "Oracle ID Assigned & Portal Account Active" and assign Elyssa Emerick to "Welcome Packet."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and I look forward hearing from you soon.

All the best,

Anthony