Nested Formulas

Hi, I am counting the number of days in a calendar month, my formula works until I get to August. Am I missing something or is there a limit on how formulas I can nest? Thanks

Here's my nested formula…

=IF(AND([Property Related Tasks?]@row = "Yes", [Log Month]@row = "January"), "31", IF(AND([Property Related Tasks?]@row = "Yes", [Log Month]@row = "February"), "28", IF(AND([Property Related Tasks?]@row = "Yes", [Log Month]@row = "March"), "31", IF(AND([Property Related Tasks?]@row = "Yes", [Log Month]@row = "April"), "30", IF(AND([Property Related Tasks?]@row = "Yes", [Log Month]@row = "May"), "31",

IF(AND([Property Related Tasks?]@row = "Yes", [Log Month]@row = "June"), "30",

IF(AND([Property Related Tasks?]@row = "Yes", [Log Month]@row = "July"), "31", "NA")))))))

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @rodel.policarpio,

What error are you getting? There's a 4000 character count limit for a cell, and you're only at 571 so you should be fine.

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• Not sure what happened, but it works now. Maybe I just needed to refresh the browser or maybe a computer reboot. Thanks for the feedback, though. And good to know the character limit. Have a good day.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!