IF Formula

I have one question. I have the formula below

=IF([GSP Status]@row = "Cancel", "NO", IF([MSI Proposed Settlement ($USD)]@row >= {Buyer Supervisor Limit}, "YES", IF([MSI Proposed Settlement ($USD)]@row = "", "TBD","NO"))))

The condition that I want as below

1)If the status is cancel -Required approval=No

2) If the status is under all condition and buyer email is CC@gmail and CW@gmail-Required Approval=No

How do I change my formula above to meet the requirement of 1 & 2? Coz if based on formula above when it cancel status only will trigger the Required approval=No

Best Answer

• jcaguioa
    jcaguioa ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Try this:

=IF([Buyer Email]@row = "CC@gmail", "NO", IF([Buyer Email]@row = "CW@gmail", "NO", IF([GSP Status]@row = "Cancel", "NO", IF([MSI Proposed Settlement ($USD)]@row >= [Buyer Supervisor Limit]@row, "YES", IF([MSI Proposed Settlement ($USD)]@row = "", "TBD")))))

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @HZAR,

I don't quite understand your 2nd condition request, but in general to require something to meet multiple conditions, uou would use the AND operator in the IF statement:

=IF(AND(logic requirement 1, logic requirement 2), true, false)

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• jcaguioa
    jcaguioa ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Try this:

=IF([Buyer Email]@row = "CC@gmail", "NO", IF([Buyer Email]@row = "CW@gmail", "NO", IF([GSP Status]@row = "Cancel", "NO", IF([MSI Proposed Settlement ($USD)]@row >= [Buyer Supervisor Limit]@row, "YES", IF([MSI Proposed Settlement ($USD)]@row = "", "TBD")))))

• HZAR
    HZAR ✭✭✭

Hi @jcaguioa

Thanks for the input. It works so far for the testing file. Will map the formula to our original file. Thanks so much for your advise.

• You're welcome! Let me know if there's something that needs to be modified and I'll be glad to help out!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!