Count up from a certain number based on other cell value

Hello,

I'm trying to create a formula that assigns a priority number based on the column next to it, and then when it reaches a certain value (4.C in the example picture) it needs to increment by 1 for each cell. I've tried a few different solutions with auto number but with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/15/24

For my formula lets call the Value you want to based the increment off of as Status. and the incremental number column as Priority and an Auto Number Column As Auto. You could also use the Created Date for the auto column if you never enter the values at one time before saving. I also always set my entries in forms to load at the top of a sheet. IF New Entries load at the bottom change the > to <

=IF(Status@row="1.S",1,IF(Status@row="2.Q",2,IF(Status@row="3.D",3,IF(Status@row="4.C",

Countifs(Auto:Auto,>Auto@row,Priority:Priority,=Priority@row)+4)))))

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!