Symbol color to change when status changes in another cell

hlj
hlj
edited 05/15/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I am trying to get the symbol color to change when status in another cell changes and this formula isn't working.

=IF([Referral Status]@row = "Completed", "Green", =IF([Referral Status]@row="In Progress", "Blue", =IF([Referral Status]@row="On Hold", "Yellow", =IF([Referral Status]@row="Complete", "Red",))))

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

you have an extra comma after “Red”

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

=IF([Referral Status]@row = "Completed", "Green", =IF([Referral Status]@row="In Progress", "Blue", =IF([Referral Status]@row="On Hold", "Yellow", =IF([Referral Status]@row="Complete", "Red"))))

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• I get an error of #invalid operation

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry I just copy and pasted your formula with one change. I see other issues with the formula. here is the corrected one.

=IF([Referral Status]@row = "Completed", "Green", IF([Referral Status]@row="In Progress", "Blue", IF([Referral Status]@row="On Hold", "Yellow", IF([Referral Status]@row="Complete", "Red"))))