Track Completed Projects by Month

I feel like I have the data I need in order to chart projects completed by month. I have a date completed column and several columns I could use to show complete/incomplete. However, when I try to put into a chart, it does not pick up the date or display how I want to. I only want to chart this level 1 data for now. Here is a screenshot of my sheet:

Best Answer

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/15/24 Answer ✓

Hey @Curculese,

When I did something like this previously I think I had to create a separate "Metrics" sheet with 1 column being numbers 1-12 (for months), then I had a COUNTIF column next to that that would count the number of cells with MONTH():

=COUNTIF({Date Completed}, MONTH(Month@row))

Then pull that sheet data into the dashboard. Hopefully that makes sense!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

Answers

• Rico Lalli
    Rico Lalli ✭✭✭

Have you tried creating report(s) that refer to this Sheet and then create a chart from the report(s)?

• I have created reports that include various columns. However, when I try to chart it, it does not recognize the dates at all and charts each "1" individually.

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/15/24 Answer ✓

Hey @Curculese,

When I did something like this previously I think I had to create a separate "Metrics" sheet with 1 column being numbers 1-12 (for months), then I had a COUNTIF column next to that that would count the number of cells with MONTH():

=COUNTIF({Date Completed}, MONTH(Month@row))

Then pull that sheet data into the dashboard. Hopefully that makes sense!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• I will have to play with this… One problem is that some of it was done in a previous year and the rest will continue over this year and into the next… I'm not sure if that means numbering 1-20 or something and then just renaming columns in the chart. But this is helpful, thank you.