How to Child (Level 2) Data Complete Vs. Incomplete?

Curculese
Curculese
edited 05/16/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I have many of these parent (Level 1) rows that are completed as the Level 3 rows underneath it are completed. Under the parent, Level 1, row, is a Level 2 row that is directly tied to certain Level 3 rows. How could I create a Pie Chart displaying all of the Level 2 Rows Complete/Incomplete totals?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Curculese

You've made this easy since you identify the Level in one of your columns! 🙂

To create a Pie Chart you'll need both numbers: Level 2 rows not complete, Level 2 rows complete.

=COUNTIFS([Level Column]:[Level Column], "Level 2", [% Complete]:[% Complete], <> 1)

and

=COUNTIFS([Level Column]:[Level Column], "Level 2", [% Complete]:[% Complete], 1)

You'll need to change out the column names to match your names, and I'm assuming you want to use the percent complete column (100%) to indicate if something is done.

You could put these formulas in 2 Sheet Summary fields, then use a Sheet Summary Report to surface these 2 data points side-by-side, and use that as the source for your Chart.

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Curculese

You've made this easy since you identify the Level in one of your columns! 🙂

To create a Pie Chart you'll need both numbers: Level 2 rows not complete, Level 2 rows complete.

=COUNTIFS([Level Column]:[Level Column], "Level 2", [% Complete]:[% Complete], <> 1)

and

=COUNTIFS([Level Column]:[Level Column], "Level 2", [% Complete]:[% Complete], 1)

You'll need to change out the column names to match your names, and I'm assuming you want to use the percent complete column (100%) to indicate if something is done.

You could put these formulas in 2 Sheet Summary fields, then use a Sheet Summary Report to surface these 2 data points side-by-side, and use that as the source for your Chart.

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Very easy instructions. Thank you!!!