I keep on getting an error that says that my formula contains a maximum number of different cross r

=ROUND({Monthly Cashflow Curve Range 5} + {GG Monthly Cashflow Curve Range 23} + {Exxaro Resources Limited Monthly Cashflow Range 11} + {Kalagadi 4IR Monthly Cashflow Curve Range 23})

I have used the above formula for my consolidated sheet, is it possible that I use a different formula so that I don't get an error that says I have reached the maximum number of different cross sheet reference.

Best Answer

• MichaelTCA
    MichaelTCA ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/16/24 Answer ✓

Hello @Nonkululeko

Changing the function will not help remove that error.

Your function is also adding ranges. I do not believe you can add ranges together without another function to analyze them like COUNT() or MAX()/MIN(). Correct me if I'm wrong.

The issue is that there are too many cross references into the sheet itself. You will need to consolidate the data further before using cross references or split the data into multiple sheets.

Answers

• MichaelTCA
    MichaelTCA ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/16/24 Answer ✓

Hello @Nonkululeko

Changing the function will not help remove that error.

Your function is also adding ranges. I do not believe you can add ranges together without another function to analyze them like COUNT() or MAX()/MIN(). Correct me if I'm wrong.

The issue is that there are too many cross references into the sheet itself. You will need to consolidate the data further before using cross references or split the data into multiple sheets.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!