SumIF formula not pulling the full amount of values

Hello!

I have two sheets, one that has General Ledger amounts for month end and the other sheet is a summary sheet that pulls in the total of the general ledger amounts for each specific GL.
My formula on the summary sheet is referencing sheet one with the following formula…

=SUMIF({Code}, [Budget Code]@row, {GL Balance})

Every month our upload process (using datashuttle) balances correctly. We did discover that changes were needed on this month, we had to add three line items that was going to bring our total to $24,188.99 on the General Ledger sheet (sheet 1) and it should mirror that same amount on our summary sheet (sheet 2)

When we added these amounts in the excel file it showed the correct amount of $24,188.99. After the upload, it still showed the correct amount of $24,188.99, but sheet two where the reference formula was is showing $24,280.74, a difference of $91.75.

I checked our GL line items on sheet 1 and they all total to $24,188.95. So I don't know where the extra $91.75 is coming from and think its something to do with the reference formula not functioning correctly. Has anyone else ran into this?

I also searched for any other GL line items that had the same unique budget {Code} we use as part of the reference formula and we have no other line items that equal to $91.75 on sheet 1.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@tkearney

A few things come to mind. First check to see if there is any Data WAY at the bottom of your sheet. Probably following several blank rows.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@tkearney

A few things come to mind. First check to see if there is any Data WAY at the bottom of your sheet. Probably following several blank rows.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• Thank you Mark!

I did see that there was some data but no amounts were showing to include in the Sumif equation.
    Upon further research I discovered that there is not an issue with the sumif function not including all the values, its that I had additional line items on my database that were coded improperly which made up the difference that was on my summary sheet.

Thank you for you time in answering this for me. I love the community and how helpful everyone is to further innovation and problem solving.

-Taylor Kearney, MBA, PMP

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!