Formula to show how many items have been closed in past two weeks by Team assigned

Options

Question - I'm new to Smartsheets and have been trying to figure out how to show how many items have been completed in the past two weeks based off of the closed date within my data set. I'd also like to see it by team if possible. I've tried the following formula however it always gives me 0. Any ideas?

=COUNTIFS({Department}, "Shipability", {Completed}, =TODAY(-14))

• I change each department to it's assigned name ( total of 8 teams)

Best Answer

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

HI @Amanda Kight

Looking at your formula I would try this as your formula was only looking for dates 14 days ago, whereas including the ' > ' in the formula means its looking at any date in the last 14 days.

=COUNTIFS({Department}, "Shipability", {Completed},>= TODAY(-14))

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Amanda Kight,

Does your date criteria work if you change it to anything else, such as just having it be TODAY()?

The formula should work, especially if you're not getting any sort of error. Is the Completed column a date column?

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• Amanda Kight
    Options

My completed column is a date column. It's populated when the status is changed to complete .
    I tried to leave it blank as well as add in the -14 for two weeks( or i thought) but it's still not populating correctly. I went back to the sheet I'm referencing and there is inventory that's been closed as of yesterday but the team is still showing as 0 with my formula.

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

HI @Amanda Kight

Looking at your formula I would try this as your formula was only looking for dates 14 days ago, whereas including the ' > ' in the formula means its looking at any date in the last 14 days.

=COUNTIFS({Department}, "Shipability", {Completed},>= TODAY(-14))

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul

• Amanda Kight
    Options

Thank you So Much Paul, that worked! I knew i was missing something, didn't even dawn on me that it was a > .

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!