Help with formula, I'm getting UNPARSEABLE error!

This discussion was created from comments split from: IFS function with AND.

Answers

• Summer M
    Summer M ✭✭
    edited 05/21/24

*Editing to update - I discovered the only change I needed to make was to remove the extra "Err"s - the end of the formula should be …"Sprint6","Err")))))).

Hello, I am trying to achieve a similar result and am not quite getting it - I'm trying to say IF the date in "Finish@row" is between two dates (from a list in another sheet), show "SprintX". I'm not sure if I'm just trying to over-engineer this thing or where I might be off but I'm getting UNPARSEABLE error. The colors in in the formula are all matching up, though:

Here's the text version in case it's easier to respond to:

=IF(AND(Finish@row >= {Sprints Range 1}, Finish@row <= {Sprints Range 2}), "Sprint1", IF(AND(Finish@row >= {Sprints Range 3}, Finish@row <= {Sprints Range 4}), "Sprint2", IF(AND(Finish@row >= {Sprints Range 5}, Finish@row <= {Sprints Range 6}), "Sprint3", IF(AND(Finish@row >= {Sprints Range 7}, Finish@row <= {Sprints Range 8}), "Sprint4", IF(AND(Finish@row >= {Sprints Range 9}, Finish@row <= {Sprints Range 10}), "Sprint5", IF(AND(Finish@row >= {Sprints Range 11}, Finish@row <= {Sprints Range 12}),"Sprint6","Err")"Err")"Err")"Err")"Err")"Err")

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Excellent! I'm glad you got it working!

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Please support the Community by marking your comment as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!