How can I get Networkdays without an end date.

Hello, I'm working on a report that we know the start date, but we don't know when is gonna be the end date. we have KPIs and dashboards to keep our average days to solve the issues, but if we don't have a complete date, the average, reports, and dashboards get lost.

In Progress Issues, we don't have a completion date.

This is how I would like to keep the report.

I've tried IF, IFERROR, ISBLANK Function, but it doesn't work.

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Sergy Reyes,

If you want it to calculate # of days from Start Date to Today if the Status is set to "In Progress", you could do something like this:

=IF(Status@row = "In Progress", NETWORKDAYS(Date@row, TODAY()), NETWORKDAYS(Date@row, [Completion Date]@row))

Or, if you want it to calculate based on if the Completion Date is blank or not, you could try this too:

=IF(ISBLANK([Completion Date]@row), NETWORKDAYS(Date@row, TODAY()), NETWORKDAYS(Date@row, [Completion Date]@row))

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!