How do I add a metric for # unique registrants to my Dashboard?

Hi, I am new to SS!

I have a sheet with a list of employees who have registered for multiple ERGs.

I have tried adding a formula to a separate Metrics sheet to count the number of unique names in the main sheet, but it always says "unparseable".

Below is the formula I used to try to pull this information from the main sheet:

=COUNT({Sheet - Event Registration & Summary with Range 2},(DISTINCT([Full Name]:[Full Name])))

Thank you for any help you can give me! :)

Best Answer

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Clara Smith

I wasn't aware that "ERG" stood for Employee Resource Group.

If your {Sheet - Event Registration & Summary with Range 2} refers to a range of [Full Name]:[Full Name] in the Sheet - Event Registration & Summary, the formula would be something like this;

=COUNT(DISTINCT({Sheet - Event Registration & Summary with Range 2})

In my demo solution, I use the Sheet Summary instead of referencing a range from other sheets, but the formula structure remains the same:

=COUNT(DISTINCT([Full Name]:[Full Name]))

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=a7d28f59c22b4e83928faa8326c440a9

By ERG is different from what you have asked, but I added it in the summary sheet as it is good to have to find the number of registrant for each EGR.😀

Answers

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Clara Smith

I wasn't aware that "ERG" stood for Employee Resource Group.

If your {Sheet - Event Registration & Summary with Range 2} refers to a range of [Full Name]:[Full Name] in the Sheet - Event Registration & Summary, the formula would be something like this;

=COUNT(DISTINCT({Sheet - Event Registration & Summary with Range 2})

In my demo solution, I use the Sheet Summary instead of referencing a range from other sheets, but the formula structure remains the same:

=COUNT(DISTINCT([Full Name]:[Full Name]))

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=a7d28f59c22b4e83928faa8326c440a9

By ERG is different from what you have asked, but I added it in the summary sheet as it is good to have to find the number of registrant for each EGR.😀

• Hi @jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp

Yes! ERG = Employee Resource Group. :) I didn't know about the Sheet Summary function so your answer is doubly helpful! Thank you so much for taking time to help a newbie. You rock!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!