Possible to summarize a report based on Current User?

I'm creating a dashboard that summarizes survey data for employees. I have a report set up where they can access their information, and the report is set to filter By Current User, so they only see their own data. The report pulls from a master source sheet, which has a Contact column that maps to each employee.

My question is: if I wanted to add summary data to the dashboard - for example, MY total number of surveys received - to that dashboard, how would I go about doing that? I don't see a way to summarize reports. Is there a way to summarize source sheet data by Current User? (We have about 300 employees)

Answers

• Pauline J
    Pauline J ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @ https://community.smartsheet.com/profile/amy_ilearning ,

If I understand your question, it is possible to do what you are describing. Below is a screen shot of a report that displays only the devices that have my email address associate with them (there are hundreds of rows in the sheet that are assigned out to more than 100 different emails). I filter on Current User for the email address column, then chose an item to group (device category) and then added Summary to get a count. I hope this is helpful.

• Yes, but then how is that count added to a dashboard? I want a user to be able to see how many surveys they've received.

Also, is there a way to summarize a report based on the average score for a Current User? I know it can be done on a sheet - not sure if a report is capable of the same thing.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!