business rule on 'Expected delivery date'

Hi,

In my smartsheet i need to set a rule like whoever fillit out the 'Expected delivery date' should show three days later from the current date. Like lets say I am filling out on 1-May-2024 , the 'Expected delivery date' should show 4-May-2024. The use should not able to choose any date before 4th may.

IS it possibe

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/31/24

=[Created Date]@Row+3 in a date column

This will automatically do 3 days later as an expected Delivery date.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• Hi, I am pretty new to smartsheet. when I am writing =[Expected Delivery Timeline]7@row+3, it is giving me error,#UNPARSEABLE.

Can you please elaborate ? FYI my [Expected Delivery Timeline] column is empty now.

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

either remove the @row or the 7. The 7 means to look in the 7th row of the Expected Delivery Timeline column. The @row means to look at the same row of the formula. What column is your created date in? And what row are you wanted the created date +3 in?

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!