Introducing the PeerConnect Program!

Options
Rebeca S.
Rebeca S. Employee Admin
edited 06/06/24 in General Announcements

Hey Smartsheet Community,

We love how much you help each other, and the many friendships that have been born in the Community. Having peers by your side, and knowing someone else is in, or has been on a similar  journey can be very validating and empowering.

That’s why we’ve created PeerConnect. This is an opt-in program that pairs you with another member so you can learn how others are using Smartsheet and support one another as you grow in your learning journey and make a friend in the process. 

Who can join PeerConnect

Community members anywhere in their customer journey — everyone is welcomed! We'll pair newer members with more experienced Smartsheet users when possible.

How to join

• Fill in this form to be paired with another member. You must have a Community account to participate in this program.
  • Once we have found your match, we will create a private Direct Message between you and a peer, and you’ll get an email notification.
  • Connect, and earn your badge!

Earn this badge by joining the program, and getting paired with another Community member ☕

Ready to start connecting with your peers? 🤩

Please note: This is a beta initiative and we are still learning and improving. You can provide feedback or report any inappropriate behavior through this form. Thanks as always for making this a great place to be!

Comments

• Will Duplex
    Will Duplex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a really cool idea to connect users together who are specifically looking for those connections. I'm excited to connect with someone new and (this is a given) learn something new - but also share knowledge! Great idea Smartsheet Community team!!!

• Michelle Choate 2
    Michelle Choate 2 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What a fantastic idea. I love the direct one on one connection idea and the opportunity to get connected with my fellow Smartsheet peers.

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nice idea :D

I've filled in the form, always happy to make connections!

Thank you!

Debbie

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this a 1:1 connection, or will we be able to connect to multiple users? Is there a time frame or anything such as connected for # weeks, or is it more like an indefinite connection? Do we get to have any input who we are connected with?

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Paul Newcome

These are 1:1 connections without a definitive time frame. You get paired automatically, and a Direct message is created between the two members. For now, there's no input on who you get paired with, but we're happy to receive any feedback and ideas on how we can make the program better.

• Will Jeffords
    Will Jeffords ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd love to see the mechanics of the "automatic pairing" if done all in Smartsheet - this is a use case that lots of us have tinkered with and if the mothership has optimized the "how" on this front…that would be incredible as a share!

• Protonspounge
    Protonspounge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/10/24
    Options

I had a virtual coffee catch up with my PeerConnect contact today. After a couple of direct messages on here, we agreed to a 25 minute Monday morning coffee intro-session.

I got to speak with an absolutely wonderful member of the community and ended up discussing Smartsheet usage for almost hour. Best bit was a commitment we made for future online coffee sessions to support each other with our Smartsheet goals.

Great initiative to connect people who want learn/support from each other with the platform!

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    edited 06/10/24
    Options

Hi @Will Jeffords, while this is still a beta initiative, we are happy to share more about the mechanics of the automatic pairing.

The cross-sheet formula is based off of matching each sheet’s Auto-Number column together. E.g. row 1 in sheet 1 matches row 1 in sheet 2.

• swfascetti
    swfascetti ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Great idea — looking forward to meeting someone new and to learning some new Smartsheet features.

• JIDEATTURRA
    JIDEATTURRA ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Excellent Idea, look forward to connecting with a likeminded enthusiast in the community!

• This is a pretty neat idea, as others have stated. As someone who is relatively new to the product, I think this could stand to be a great learning opportunity in conjunction with the online learning courses too! I have had a hand here and there learning workarounds for common issues (shoutout to that guy who had advice on the Row Numbers thing) but having more experience to draw advice from is always a good thing so I am totally on board!