If Or????

I've replicated this formula from another sheet of mine but this one is a bit longer. All the cells are highlighted property when the formula is highlighted, but I still ger an #unparseable

=IF(OR(ISBLANK(Client@row), isblank([Planter Location]@row), isblank(Item@row), isblank(Color@row), isblank(Size@row), isblank(Quantity@row), isblank([Purchase Price]@row)), 1, ""))))))))

Best Answer

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/09/24 Answer ✓

From what I can tell you have Way too many ) at the end of your formula. Based off the formula it should be.

=IF(OR(ISBLANK(Client@row), isblank([Planter Location]@row), isblank(Item@row), isblank(Color@row), isblank(Size@row), isblank(Quantity@row), isblank([Purchase Price]@row)), 1, "")

The reason is each of your isblank statements are already closed off. So you just have to close off the OR statement. Which you have done properly. The. You finish off the true or false conditions for the if statement. Then close it off. When you enter the formulas watch the colors of the ) at the end. They will match up with the corresponding one at the beginning of the function you are closing off. Once they turn all black you have too many.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/09/24 Answer ✓

From what I can tell you have Way too many ) at the end of your formula. Based off the formula it should be.

=IF(OR(ISBLANK(Client@row), isblank([Planter Location]@row), isblank(Item@row), isblank(Color@row), isblank(Size@row), isblank(Quantity@row), isblank([Purchase Price]@row)), 1, "")

The reason is each of your isblank statements are already closed off. So you just have to close off the OR statement. Which you have done properly. The. You finish off the true or false conditions for the if statement. Then close it off. When you enter the formulas watch the colors of the ) at the end. They will match up with the corresponding one at the beginning of the function you are closing off. Once they turn all black you have too many.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• Thank you Mark!!! Much appreciated.