Index/Match Question

Options

I have a formula need that I hope you all can help with.

I have two sheets that have a unique identifier. What I'd like to have happen is when the identifiers match between the two sheets, then data in one columm in a sheet, populates into a column in a different sheet.

So when the MHID's match between the two sheets, we want the list of deliverables in the top sheet to populate in the bottom sheet. I'm struggling to get the equation to work.

Please help!

Best Answer

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Becky Wardlaw

Be sure to change the references to match yours.

=Index({Description},Match(MHID@row,{MHID},0))

See how this works out for you.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Becky Wardlaw

Be sure to change the references to match yours.

=Index({Description},Match(MHID@row,{MHID},0))

See how this works out for you.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/11/24
    Options

@Becky Wardlaw

I just re read what it is your wanting. Sadly multi select items can not be done in a formula. You can how ever make it show text values. using HAS functionality. how ever this will be a REALLY long formula depending on how many Deliverables you have in your multi select dropdown.

• Becky Wardlaw
    Options

Thank you! My thinking was backwards on the formula!!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!