Record a Date Workflow - DISREGARD

David Noël
David Noël ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/13/24 in Smartsheet Basics

JUST FOUND OUT YOU CANNOT RECORD A DATE TO A DATE COLUMN WHEN DEPENDENCIES ARE ENABLED. YOU WOULD NEED TO CREATE NEW DATE COLUMN(S) AND POINT THE WORKFLOW TO THE NEW DATE COLUMN(S).

I have a date column and want record a date when a checkbox is checked. When I try to create the workflow, it tells me I have not date columns. But I do… thoughts?

Best Answer

• David Noël
    David Noël ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Again, if you saw my edited post (in all caps), the Start and Finish date columns are being used because dependencies are enabled. I created two new date columns, pointed the workflow to those and the workflow now works.

Answers

• John_Foster
    John_Foster ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @David Noël,

Without seeing the sheet in question, it is difficult to tell what the issue might be. Could you please go to the sheet, right-click on the date column and click properties, then take a screenshot of that and send it here to allow someone here to help you more?

Thanks,
    John

• David Noël
    David Noël ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Again, if you saw my edited post (in all caps), the Start and Finish date columns are being used because dependencies are enabled. I created two new date columns, pointed the workflow to those and the workflow now works.