What controls the formatting of sheet names in a report?

I want to get them all consistent. I don't care if it's a really weird workaround and not a built-in feature - is there ANY way to edit whatever they are based on? Do they adopt the formatting of a particular cell or something? Thank you.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @malden

The Sheet Name cell in a Report will follow the formatting rules that are applied to the entire row in the source sheet.

Meaning if you highlight the row the apply a background colour, that will apply to the Sheet Name column as well - but if you only select certain cells/columns, this won't apply to the Sheet Name cell.

Let me know if this makes sense or if I can help clarify!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• gvattura
    gvattura ✭✭✭

Are you referring to the sheet name column as below?

I don't believe you can change the formatting of this.

Unless you require a link to the underlying sheet you could just hide this column.

• malden
    malden ✭✭✭

Yes. It shares some of the formatting as the top row of the source sheet, so it is picking it up from something in the top row, or something about its source sheet, but I could not figure out what it is pulling from exactly.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @malden

The Sheet Name cell in a Report will follow the formatting rules that are applied to the entire row in the source sheet.

Meaning if you highlight the row the apply a background colour, that will apply to the Sheet Name column as well - but if you only select certain cells/columns, this won't apply to the Sheet Name cell.

Let me know if this makes sense or if I can help clarify!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• malden
    malden ✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. Thank you SO MUCH! This is the answer I was looking for, and it worked. Now my reports can look more uniform.