Card View Contact List different between two workspaces

Options

I have two different workspaces with two different intake sheets. In one workspace my contact list dropdown choose is limited to a select group and so are the Lanes. This is not the case in the other workspace where it is listed every single person in the contact list as a lane. I cannot understnad why this is and how to get the other workspace to limit the card lanes to a select group of employees.

Thanks in advance for your help and assistnace :)

WorkSpace 1

WorkSpace 2

Nick Blocker - Analytics Adventurer

Tags:

Best Answer

• NickBlocker
    NickBlocker ✭✭✭
    edited 06/27/24 Answer ✓
    Options

@ColleenPeterson I was able to figure it out. I had a list of names in the dropdown filed. Once I changed the formate to a (Contact List), SmartSheets took the dropdown list and converted it to a contact list.

Once I removed the dropdown list it corrected the card view. I had to change the format back to a dropdown, remove the list, click ok to return to the sheet, change format back to contact list

Answers

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@NickBlocker Can you confirm that the source settings on both columns are the same. My assumption is that they are contact list, and that one is set to "Restrict to list values only" and that that other does not have this restriction, which may be the cause of the disparity.

Smartsheet Community Champion and Ambassador

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• NickBlocker
    NickBlocker ✭✭✭
    edited 06/26/24
    Options

@ColleenPaterson I didnt have the column set to restrict to list values. After changing that value it didnt update my Card View. I still see all these people and empty lanes.

If I remove them from the list will it remove their contact completly from the contacts list in that workspace? Is there an easy way to mass manage the list?

• NickBlocker
    NickBlocker ✭✭✭
    edited 06/27/24 Answer ✓
    Options

@ColleenPeterson I was able to figure it out. I had a list of names in the dropdown filed. Once I changed the formate to a (Contact List), SmartSheets took the dropdown list and converted it to a contact list.

Once I removed the dropdown list it corrected the card view. I had to change the format back to a dropdown, remove the list, click ok to return to the sheet, change format back to contact list