How do I automatically keep "link in from" in the Main Sheet when a new row is added from a Form?

I have the main sheet "Request Tracker with Form" and a separate sheet "Infrastructure-Access and Permissions" where updates automatically occur with a "Request Update Automation" but the reference link within the Access and Permissions-Completed column does not populate in the main sheet automatically, I have to go in and manually update it, this is not ideal.

These two sheets have the exact same Column name and checkbox properties.

How do I get the reference in the main sheet to update when the source sheet automatically updates?

Tags:

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/02/24

Hello @emoser1978,

I would recommend setting up a lookup formula and configuring it as a column formula. This will force all existing/ new rows to inherit that formula.

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

• Good morning, thank you for the suggestion. I tried a few formula's that I found in other threads but I seem to be doing something wrong because I get error messages. If you have a formula in mind that I could try please let me know. Thank you!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!