Need help with a formula to pull in data with a certain criteria from a column ...

VinceA
VinceA ✭✭✭
edited 07/02/24 in Formulas and Functions

Hey Folks,

Need help with a formula to pull in data with a certain criteria from a column in a Sheet source into a Metric Sheet.

I'm wanting to only pull in a summary of 2 or more ( 2 = >) Jobs meeting the criteria for any given month. So in the Archive Sheet screenshot below, if rows 294 through 305 were January for Line 3, the formula would show 3 Jobs for the Month in the Metrics Sheet for the criteria that was met as opposed to Line 2 only showing one instance and thus 0 instances for criteria having been met.

See 2 Screenshots below and thanks.

Vince

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would use a COUNTIFS to first get your total count. Then you would wrap that in an IF to say "if the countifs is greater than or equal to two, output the countifs, otherwise output zero".

=IF(COUNTIFS(……………..) >= 2, COUNTIFS(……………….), 0)

• VinceA
    VinceA ✭✭✭
    edited 07/02/24

Thanks Paul … I'm royally screwing up the argument set as I am getting that it is incorrect as I'd also need to reference Monthly Ranges.

……………………………………………………………………….

BTW, I did originally tackle this in a different way but that too didn't work for me which led me here … SEE BELOW:

• VinceA
    VinceA ✭✭✭
    edited 07/10/24

So I'm still playing around with this to no avail. Anyone of our Formula Elites have any thoughts.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!