Can you create a chart on a dashboard with blank rows?

Pauline J
Pauline J ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a metric that will report, month over month, new values as they are calculated and added to a sheet. There is an automation that runs each month to copy the current metric row, and place it in a historical sheet. The challenge is that the chart must be re-configured every month to include the new row.

Is there any way to set the range so that I don't have to manually upddate the historical charts every month?

I tried creating a report with the columns from the history sheet, however, the Primary column is not applicable to the metric, and I can't figure out how to bypass it (even hidden, it appears in the chart range), and it messes up the charting.

I am open to any suggestions — my goal is to not have to update anything manually in our metric reporting.

Best Answer

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Pauline J,

Not certain this would work but you can try to blank out the Primary column (use a clear cell automation when the rows are added… if you need to retain it use a Copy Row to get the rows to another Sheet and then clear it there) and move it to the right of the report.

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

Answers