Linking restored files back to existing reports

I have a summary report that collates updates on all my team's projects. Earlier this week a colleague accidentally deleted one of the project sheets. The sheet has now been restored and the owner has confirmed everything's working as it should.

However I now can't link it back to my report…?!

When I look at the sheets to include in my report, I can see the sheet name, and I can select/de-select, but it fails to then display in the report. In case it made any difference, I created a new report (in case the deletion had caused some unknown error to my original), but in the new report I'm experiencing the same thing - even though I've selected this project to pull into the report, it won't appear.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Answers

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/08/24

Hi @Jill Clay

When you restore a deleted sheet, the restored sheet will be placed in the Sheet folder by default as the screenshot below. You need to move it back (by dragging and dropping) to the original workspace/folder to make your report refer to it correctly.

Gia Thinh Technology - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

• Hi @Gia Thinh,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my query.

I did put the file back in the correct workspace and folder - apologies I didn't include this in my original post - but it wouldn't work.

I created the report again from scratch in case the deletion had caused something funky to happen in the first version. And I also created a renamed copy of the original project file to see if this would pick up, but no joy.

I feel like I've done everything right to make the information show in the report, but I can't figure out why it won't show. I'd posted in case there was something else specific that I needed to do with the restored file or the report to make it pick it up (as this was my first experience of having a file deleted and restored for use).

Not sure if I've stumbled across a random bug, or if I'm missing something, but it's frustrating I'm now missing one project off my report!

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Edit something in the restored sheet then save it. Later check if your report works. This is what did after restoring the deleted sheet.

Gia Thinh Technology - Smartsheet Solution Partner.