Sheet summary dropdown field not accessible on mobile

MarkCep
MarkCep ✭✭✭✭✭

The sheet summary is accessible on the mobile app but the fields can not be edited, is this true?

Best Answer

• MarkCep
    MarkCep ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Brian, thanks for the quick response. I understand your solution and have used similar. I have been using the Sheet Summary to have a field with a specific dropdown of choices, rather than creating a separate dropdown column for only one cell in one row. The method I use currently works fine for desktop and browser application, but you have answered my question about the limits with the sheet summary in the mobile app. Again, I appreciate the help.

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

True.

If you open a sheet, click the "three dot" menu at top right, pick Sheet Summary then you can see, but not edit, the Summary Fields.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

If you need users to be able to edit the Summary Fields on mobile, then you'll need to have a formula in those Summary Fields that reads from the sheet. You can then give people edit access to edit the data inside the sheet and populate the Summary Fields via those rows.

For example, you could set Row 1 to be the "Summary Row" and have a column for each Summary Field that people can edit. The formula in the Summary Field would be = [Column name]1

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• MarkCep
    MarkCep ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Brian, thanks for the quick response. I understand your solution and have used similar. I have been using the Sheet Summary to have a field with a specific dropdown of choices, rather than creating a separate dropdown column for only one cell in one row. The method I use currently works fine for desktop and browser application, but you have answered my question about the limits with the sheet summary in the mobile app. Again, I appreciate the help.