Conditional Formatting and Reports on a Dashboard

This discussion was created from comments split from: Report not pulling formatting from source sheets.

Answers

• Stephen_at_ODOC
    Stephen_at_ODOC ✭✭✭✭

I'm having a similar issue — in the underlying data sheet, the conditional format "highlights events posted in the last two days". The sheet feeds into a report. That report is part of a dashboard. Sometimes (I haven't figured out what causes it), a row on the report on the dashboard will be highlighted, even though it falls well outside of the "last two days" dictated by the underlying conditional formatting on the sheet. For example, I have one right now that was posted 7 days ago, but the conditional formatting is still appearing on the dashboard (but does not appear conditionally formatted on the underlying sheet or report). Today is July 8, 2024. I have attached two screenshots. The first is the conditional formatting formula on the sheet. The second is the dashboard, pulling from a report based on that sheet.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try inserting a date type column then creating an automation that runs every day (I use 1:00am) to record the date in this new date type column.

That should force a daily refresh on the sheet even if no one interacts with it directly.