Possible to Display different report based on day of week in dashboard widget

I currently use smartsheets for weekly assignments for my staff. We have a group of reports setup to show a summary of their assignments daily. What I would like to know/accomplish is whether I can format a report that handles what the 7 we currently use all in one? To give some context I am reworking our dashboard to show a widget that has their assignments for that day. So I either need to…

1- Figure out how to just show a weekday assignment in a single report to display.

2- Figure out how to cycle reports through the widget based on the day of the week.

Attached are some images of what we currently have and my work in progress.

Here is the active schedule

This is the current single day report data for the current user. We have 6 others for each day of the week.

My work in progress. But alas, it just displays the whole week. Is this doable in a single report?

I hope I was clear enough… I am about 3 months in learning smartsheets so any guidance is helpful!

Best Answer

• Adam Murphy
    Adam Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I would use a helper column for the "Daily Task" that uses a nested IF statement to fill in the value for the given day of the week (Something like this: =IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY()) = 1, Monday@row, IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY()) = 2, Tuesday@row, IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY()) = 3, Wednesday@row, IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY()) = 4, Thursday@row, IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY()) = 5, Friday@row, IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY()) = 6, Saturday@row, Sunday@row))))))

Answers