Salesforce Integration What does it actually do?

Hi All,

I'm often surprised by how difficult it is to figure out what integrations actually do with the Salesforce. I was intending to make a case for the integration to our leads but I can't find a clear explanation of what it does on the website or searching. For instance could I:

1. Have an automated contact in Smartsheet that creates or accesses a Salesforce case and sends a contact on the case what about adds a note to the case. What about using a specific temp;late in SaleForce and can you vary the template used from within Smartsheet. IE use automations and formulas to select the appropriate template.
  2. Have Salesforce inform Smartsheet and update some fields in a Smartsheet based on info provided in Salesforce

Answers

• Isaac A.
    Isaac A. Employee
    edited 07/16/24

Hi @BillyBossier!

The Smartsheet Salesforce Connector can help you gain valuable insights from your sales data and drive the execution of work across teams. This tool empowers you to automate and streamline various business processes, such as professional service sales handoffs, pipeline review and forecasting, commission calculations and approvals, and territory management.

With the Salesforce Connector, you can:

• Sync data bi-directionally or one way between Salesforce and Smartsheet.
    • Create new Salesforce records in either Smartsheet or Salesforce.
    • Edit Salesforce information without needing to go into Salesforce.
    • Track metrics, create automations, and chart within Smartsheet.

Once permissions and the initial connection to your Salesforce environment have been established, users can create workflows to sync information between Salesforce and Smartsheet. You can push information in a single direction (from Salesforce to Smartsheet or from Smartsheet to Salesforce) or bi-directionally, instantly updating issues in both applications. Additionally, you can sync with an existing sheet or create a new sheet to launch a Smartsheet project using records in Salesforce.

For a deeper understanding of the integration, I recommend checking the following help articles:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Isaac.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024🎉

October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• @BillyBossier Hi Billy! Definitely the Salesforce Connector can do the second item you listed - for the first, it would be a good idea to engage with your account team and have more of a discussion there on your needs. You can always submit a contact form if you're not sure who to reach out to!

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

• BillyBossier
    BillyBossier ✭✭✭✭

thanks that gives me a great starting point.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!