Collect a contact list from another sheet

Hi Guys

Just a quick one, I have a contact list see pic 1 below…..

I want a Formula that collects all the Responsible person (Contact) and pastes them all in one cell on another sheet - Recon Monthly Intake sheet, (see pic 2)

I want the collected list to appear in a cell on a Column named recon preparer (see pic 2)

Can you help me, please?

Pic1

Pic 2

Tags:

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Morena,

To clarify, do you want every contact in the Responsible person (Contact) column in Sheet 1 to appear in the highlighted rose cell in the Recon Preparers column?

If so, I would put all of those users in one Contact Column cell using the multi-select feature, and then link to taht cell.

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

• Morena
    Morena ✭✭✭✭

@Dan Palenchar Yes, that's correct.

Now the problem is that the contact list gets updated once a month if I do what you suggested, I'll have manually update the cell as well which is something I'm trying to avoid.

• Morena
    Morena ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I used this formula- =JOIN(INDEX(COLLECT({Recon Preparer_Contact}; {Owner helper}; HAS(Owner@row; @cell)); 0); UNICHAR(10))

But the problem it returns a text instead of a contact

• Has there been any progress on this, as I am having the same issue. I can pull in contact information from another sheet that match my criteria, but it comes in as text, which also stops any automation.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!