A sheet can include no more than 100 distinct cross-sheet references.

ConnorForm
ConnorForm ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 07/15/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Is there any chance this can be increased in the future or has been in discussion? @Paul Newcome

Best Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@ConnorForm,

If you're dealing with a large number of references consider getting DataMesh - it will allow you to create more cross sheet relationships.

As per the limit, certain limits are increased with Control Center but I don't believe cross-sheet reference number is one of them.

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@ConnorForm There is no way to increase this particular limitation, but there are some work-arounds. Whenever there is the possibility for this to be an issue (or I know I am going to be referencing a lot of columns and just don't feel like slogging through creating them all), I will put a helper column on the source sheet with a formula to join the columns I want brought over in a specific order as a string with specific delimiters. Then I will pull just this one column over and parse it out as needed.

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@ConnorForm,

If you're dealing with a large number of references consider getting DataMesh - it will allow you to create more cross sheet relationships.

As per the limit, certain limits are increased with Control Center but I don't believe cross-sheet reference number is one of them.

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@ConnorForm There is no way to increase this particular limitation, but there are some work-arounds. Whenever there is the possibility for this to be an issue (or I know I am going to be referencing a lot of columns and just don't feel like slogging through creating them all), I will put a helper column on the source sheet with a formula to join the columns I want brought over in a specific order as a string with specific delimiters. Then I will pull just this one column over and parse it out as needed.