Count the number or non-blank cells in the specific ranges for 2 groups of rows

Hi, I'm trying to count 2 ranges of rows (in the RP Opportunities column) where cells are non-blank and also matches with the value of another column (this is a drop down list column with values "RP" and "Canada")

In this case I need to count only the non-blank cells if the value in the column named "queue (RE and Canada)" is "RP", however when trying I get the INCORRECT ARGUMENT error:

This is the formula I'm using for reference:

=COUNTIFS([COINCIDENCE AGENT/TICKET TYPE RP]@row:[Approved/Rejected URLs (RP)]@row, <>"", [QT-Sent & Language (RP)]@row:[Closing Ticket (canada)]@row, <>"", [Queue (RP and Canada)]@row, "RP")

Any idea is much appreciated!!!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/16/24 Answer ✓

If you just want to count how many rows there are that meet the criteria, I would suggest a helper column to mark each row that meets the criteria and then just sum this helper column.

=IF(AND([Queue (RP and Canada)]@row = "RP", COUNTIFS([COINCIDENCE AGENT/TICKET TYPE RP]@row:[Approved/Rejected URLs (RP)]@row, @cell <> "") + COUNTIFS([QT-Sent & Language (RP)]@row:[Closing Ticket (canada)]@row, @cell <> "") > 0), 1)

If you need to count the number of non-blanks:

=IF([Queue (RP and Canada)]@row = "RP", COUNTIFS([COINCIDENCE AGENT/TICKET TYPE RP]@row:[Approved/Rejected URLs (RP)]@row, @cell <> "") + COUNTIFS([QT-Sent & Language (RP)]@row:[Closing Ticket (canada)]@row, @cell <> ""))

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!