Dashboard Dynamics

I am trying to create a visual in a dashboard that shows the total of findings for about 82 counties and can show the total for each county based on the review month. Right now I have it broken out into several visuals, but was wondering is there a better way to go about doing it.is there a better way to go about doing it? See the example below.

Best Answer

• Kerry St. Thomas
    Kerry St. Thomas ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Ultimately, when creating a dashboard as communicating high-level critical data. I ask myself what story I'm trying to tell with the dashboard. From your screenshot, it appears you're trying to communicate monthly review info for each region and then by each county. Essentially, dashboard summarizes different aggregated data that are similar, perhaps you can summarize the monthly review score across the whole state (either monthly average or by total, whichever makes the most sense), and perhaps a comparison of the year-to-date score (average or total) by region. So one compares the score according to TIME and the second compares the score by area. This can uncover high-level info that whets your end users' appetites - then provide a set of reports (either surfacing them ON the dashboard, or with links) so that they can drill into the info a bit more deeply.

Good luck!

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

• Kerry St. Thomas
    Kerry St. Thomas ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Ultimately, when creating a dashboard as communicating high-level critical data. I ask myself what story I'm trying to tell with the dashboard. From your screenshot, it appears you're trying to communicate monthly review info for each region and then by each county. Essentially, dashboard summarizes different aggregated data that are similar, perhaps you can summarize the monthly review score across the whole state (either monthly average or by total, whichever makes the most sense), and perhaps a comparison of the year-to-date score (average or total) by region. So one compares the score according to TIME and the second compares the score by area. This can uncover high-level info that whets your end users' appetites - then provide a set of reports (either surfacing them ON the dashboard, or with links) so that they can drill into the info a bit more deeply.

Good luck!

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!