Generating an email to multiple users?

I am wondering if there is a way to mass email users from within Smartsheet. That we can place on a dashboard, as a like "here's where we can send an update or notification to all programs". All I can find in my research is automations for form completion, reminders, etc. Is there something out there for this? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Adam Murphy
    Adam Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can use the "Alert Someone" action in an automation workflow to send to Contacts in a cell. I use a helper sheet to populate that cell via an index/match formula. The helper sheet is used to manually update the appropriate contacts (you have add criteria such as department or location, etc and have corresponding set of contacts). Would that work?

• @adam murphy We would like that it not be on a workflow, preferably. Not sure I'm explaining this properly. There are several people on our team who may need to reach out to the individuals that are assigned to programs (program leads), and we were hoping that it could be a click here to send email to all leads type of function on a dashboard. Does that make sense?