Best Starting Template for Executive Level Initiatives across multiple teams/divisions

Hi there. While we have been using Smartsheet internally for several years, we are not using it to its full potential. I am looking for a recommendation for what template may be the best starting point for me. We have an executive leadership meeting every week. Each division/team has their own list of initiatives/issues that are brought to the meeting - updates on existing, and highlighting the new. I have a Workspace created with individual sheets for each team that flow to a basic report - but I am sure there is a pre-set template that will not only fulfil this requirement, but have many additional pre-set visuals available. I am open to any recommendations. Thank you.

Answers

• Hi Shayna,

You are on the correct path by having sheets role up to a report for executive reporting. I do have a question to start off the thread, does your company utilize the core app of Smartsheet or do you have control center that automates your projects?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you explored the meeting template set? (Maybe not the correct name)

I think that could work as an excellent starting point.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Julia L Rumburg
    Julia L Rumburg ✭✭✭✭

Andrée Starå the executive meeting template set (unsure of the name too) is an excellent starting point for your needs. @Shayna L I was able to get my executives on board when I used it for their annual customer event dinner planning. Here's how I tailored it:

1. Set up the event space dinner seating chart with guest images.
    2. Included each guest's social media handles for easy networking.
    3. Created a drill-down feature into each guest's FY sales and current pipeline.

This approach impressed our executives because it:

• Provided a visual layout of the dinner, helping with logistics
    • Offered quick access to key information about each guest
    • Linked directly to business metrics, showing the event's potential impact

The execs loved having all this info at their fingertips during the event - on their phone! It made conversations more targeted and follow-ups more effective. I'd be happy to chat more about how these types of templates could be adapted for your weekly leadership meetings. It's versatile enough to handle both special events and regular updates, which could really streamline your processes.