Smartsheet Report in Card View Populating Data Incorrectly

Nick Swanger
Nick Swanger ✭✭
edited 07/24/24 in Smartsheet Basics

My team is having an issue where a report suddenly stopped showing appropriate data based on the filters on the report. We are using the report in the Card View with the Assigned To contact as the grouping method, but people that are being filtered out are showing with 0 items and people that should be included are missing. The data is showing correctly in the Grid View, but as soon as anyone switches to Card View (which is most end users preferred method of viewing the information), these bugs come up.

Nothing on the underlying sheets changed this this started occurring, and this started last Friday (~5 days ago). We were waiting to see if it was a bug that came with the CrowdStrike outage since these happened on the same day, but we are still having the issue. Is anyone else having this issue and been able to find a solution?

Best Answer

• Nick Swanger
    Nick Swanger ✭✭
    Answer ✓

For anyone that is having a similar issue, here is the solution I ended up finding:

One of the sheets being pulled into the report had specific contacts selected as options in the 'Assigned To' column, and these override the lanes created in the Card View based on filters. After removing these from the 'Assigned To' column properties, the report returned to normal with the correct people being included and excluded within the card view.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Strange!

Are you using dropdowns with multiple values?

Can you share some screenshots? (Please delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Nick Swanger
    Nick Swanger ✭✭
    edited 07/31/24

Hi Andree,

There are no dropdowns with multiple values being used for this specific issue.

Please see below screenshots of the 'Assigned To' filter on the report excluding 'Jeff', the Card View showing him with 0 assigned tasks as a lane, and the Grid View properly excluding him from the list of 'Assigned To' shown on the report.

There are also people missing from the Card View that are not excluded in the Assigned To filter, so it is completely puzzling for me and my team. We tried switching the logic of the filters to 'has any of' rather than 'has none of', but this didn't fix it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Nick Swanger
    Nick Swanger ✭✭
    Answer ✓

For anyone that is having a similar issue, here is the solution I ended up finding:

One of the sheets being pulled into the report had specific contacts selected as options in the 'Assigned To' column, and these override the lanes created in the Card View based on filters. After removing these from the 'Assigned To' column properties, the report returned to normal with the correct people being included and excluded within the card view.