Interesting Use Case, trying to build myself

I was unable to select topics to post in, so I apologize if this is not the right space.

My organization has roughly 100-120 projects at a given time. We currently do tons of manual work to save as new based of rough draft templates. As the solution manager, I need to see if I can build internally what I am asking…

I want to be able to fill out an intake form with basic customer information, and some basic project information, checkboxes to be specific. You select which products you need from the list, could be one, could be 5, could be 10, its generally lower but anomalies happen.

Once a PM is assigned to that project, an alert and a new folder need to be created. The project plan within the folder needs to have the processes for your project, even the selected product specific steps. Most products don't enter the project until later phases, and the earlier steps are almost rinse and repeat between each and every product which makes things easier. The products would be predetermined dependent on each other and would need to be organized accordingly on the project plan.

Within the folder, I am seeking dashboards at a project level. I am also seeking various reports to be spun up with this folder.

I can currently do much of this, but there are tons of manual entry for me. The PMO team is less versed in Smartsheet, so the manual entry extends their time that could be better spent elsewhere.

I am struggling to figure out how to do this without Control Center or other apps within Smartsheet. While CC might be on the table, I would enjoy creating and implementing a customized solution if it is possible.

Specific roadblocks…

1. How to trigger from an intake sheet to a new folder
    1. How to populate the overall project plan
    2. How to add summary field data and reporting when number of rows changes dependent on which products selected
  2. Global updates without Smartsheet
    1. Would like to remove as much manual entry for my team as possible
      1. Willing to take on some manual entry for team, but I am part of the PMO with projects of my own
  3. Resource Management without Resource Management
    1. nothing specific besides can I do this?
  4. Fear of failure and Fear of Bears with Wings

Thanks!

Answers