Filters are producing 2 of the same Named count groups

Grizz
Grizz ✭✭✭
edited 07/25/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, I am trying to group count a column type from the drop down values. For some reason one of the columns labeled work types is getting two different drop down values of the same name and format and I am unsure what is causing this.

Answers

• Grizz
    Grizz ✭✭✭

to add to this also one of the sheets this report is pulling from is splitting 2 lines into the 2 seperate Project work types grouping and I see no difference

• heyjay
    heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭

You might have already tried these, but have you tried to check if there are white spaces after the word 'Project '? Try to copy and paste one project to the rest. Does it also show 2 different Project when you filter them in Grids/Sheets?

• Grizz
    Grizz ✭✭✭

Unofrtunatly yes I check these to see if any had spaces but they did not.

I did find a solution but I am more curious now why this would happen, it seems the values within the drop down of the column are different if I typed them in vs copy and pasting them from the other sheet with the same values/formatting. No idea why this is not matching up even though everything was the same… Unless some minor meta detail was different I am not aware of…