Data Shuttle / Cell Links

Hey all -

I am uploading a report from our ATS program from a google sheet using data shuttle to put it into a smartsheet form. I added check boxes into the smartsheet form for the responsible parties to mark off which stage they have completed from the report. Since I don't want to lose the data, I am adding new rows for any new data that I pull daily into the google sheet to sync. I also want columns to update approproriately from where we are at which the data from our ATS system. I have a separate smartsheet where I upload all of the fresh data into daily & use cell links to update each column onto the smartsheet with the check boxes. However, my cell links are not corresponding to the appropriate cells & I have been having to mannually unlink each cell & relink them the following morning. Is there a better approach to this so I can just dump the data in daily & ensure all columns have accurate workflow represented from the ATS report I pull?\

Thank you!

Answers

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness Overachievers

Hi @kat_cramer0

As cell links always reference the specific cell, and data shuttle will push the alignment out and return whatever is now populating that cell.

I would create a 2nd sheet that would use a formula (Index/Match or similar) to pull the detail from the main sheet and then use those to populate your cell links.

That would allow data shuttle to push as much data through the main sheet without breaking the links as they sit outside the data shuttle sheet with formulas ensuring that the correct cell is being pulled in.

Hope that helps

Many Thanks

Paul McGuinness