What view are you? Share your story and claim your badge

Comments

• Kelly P.
    Kelly P. ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm partial to Grid view, but I certainly use and appreciate the other views. To me, Grid view is the heart of the home and that's where I like to spend my time!

• ricki
    ricki ✭✭✭✭✭✭

my view is none of these choices. My view of choice is the old card view. I tried the new board view but it does not work as well as the card view. I like the fact that i can double click on a card and it does a popup in the middle of the screen. I find scrolling up and down on the right side of the screen much more awkward. The middle of the screen is where my eyes and mouse are focused so it is just much more natural to be looking there.

Also, if i add a new card in card view I can double click on it to get the popup to enter all the details. In board view there is no concept of double clicking on it and again I guess I would have to do the extra scrolling to the right and somehow add all the new card details there, but I didn't really see that working in action

Also the color coding in the board view is not identical to what I had set up in card view and the display of the scrolling through the cards is not as smooth

I also found the board view slower to load and the use of filters require a number of additional clicks than what I can do in card view

I also like the fact that in card view you can scroll everything at once and you dont have to scroll each lane to get to the bottom of the lists. I realize this is a feature of the board view but there is a place for both

Board view also seems wider than card view, again this means more scrolling. I am used to scrolling the sheet with the arrow keys on my keyboard. I can use the left and right arrows and those work ok but the up and down arrows do not work in board view while they worked great in card view

I hope the fact that the card view is not listed as a view of choice does not mean that smartsheet is planning on getting rid of it. I REALLY hope that the card view will continue to be available

• JSpears
    JSpears ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely Grid View and Calendar view are my go-to views.

• kowal
    kowal Overachievers Alumni

as I mostly work on spreadsheet data I am still the grid view :)

• Nic Larsen
    Nic Larsen ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Grid View - I like to be able to see as much as possible without other clutter.

• Courtney S.
    Courtney S. ✭✭✭✭✭

Grid view, almost exclusively. We use Smartsheet mostly for tracking documents related to our participants, so grid view is about the only one that makes sense for us to use!

• Pauline J
    Pauline J ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/01/24

I LOVE the new Timeline view, but since it is a new tool it's still a bit immature. I worked with it today in fact, trying to put together a timeline for a long-term project. I ended up going to the Gantt because I could control the display items more closely.

I am also TEAM GRID and CALENDAR — but since Dynamic View has been released, I have been transitioning almost every dashboard item that is not a chart/graphic to Dynamic View! The main reason is because it is so easy to update the contents of the file in DV, since you don't leave the Dashboard. And, reviewers can easily leave a comment if needed (and not to mention the access controls available with DV. 💙)

I am so thankful for Smartsheets — I used MS Project quite a bit previously, and anything that can be done to push Smartsheet in that direction (maturing the timeline, for instance) would be fantastic!

• Steven Sawyer
    Steven Sawyer Overachievers

Grid View, I'm very data driven and that's how I consume data bbst… I like to filter and sort a lot. If I need visuals, I create a dashboard.

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Grid View.
    I'd say I'm a hybrid Report and Dashboard viewer, but I get there through creating masterpieces in Grid View. Lots of formulas.

• NickStaffordPM
    NickStaffordPM ✭✭✭✭✭

Grid view is the OG and will alway sbe #1…. Card, Gaant and board all have their place… but Grid is is where all the magic happens for us in our business and the other views are used as visualization tools! GRID VIEW CREW

If you found this comment useful, please let me know by clicking one of the buttons below: Awesome, Insightful, Upvote, or Accepted Answer. Your feedback will assist others looking for the same information and also help me out.

Thanks!

Nick Stafford

• Amit Wadhwani
    Amit Wadhwani ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is such a tough question. I use all different views extensively throughout the day. For simple list tracking, grid view works best. While managing a project with dependencies, Gantt view is a life saver. For simple task tracking, board view works like a charm and I love moving cards around. When working on a high level delivery plan for a project, timeline view is my choice. If I am asked to vote, I would vote for board view as number one because of ease of use with minimal interaction on the screen.

Best Regards
    Amit Wadhwani
    , Smartsheet Community Champion
    Smartsheet CoE, Ignatiuz, Inc., Exton, PA

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful
    💡" or "Awesome ❤️" and "Vote Up ⬆️"https://www.linkedin.com/in/amitinddr/

• ROA
    ROA ✭✭

Board and Grid View works best for me as these views help me keep track of my teams.

• Grid and Gantt view :)

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭

As someone that creates, enhances, and manages processes for others, I live and breathe in grid view! I find that the other views help to provide better insights and perspectives for my team members and clients, but grid view allows me to see all the nitty gritty details, setups, formulas, and more! Plus, grid view is the easiest place to play around with all of the various connections and enhancements! 😊

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is soooooo HARD can I just pick all of them! It all depends on the solution and what I am doing!

This is one of the features that makes Smartsheet great! The fact I get all these views and yet no siloed data!

If I could only pick one, then I would have to pick Grid because that's the home for all the data! If I had to pick the cool guy on the block I am picking the new board view!

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director | SCS CLOUD - Smartsheet Partner

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

"The only real limitation of Smartsheet is the level of effort required to achieve your goal."