Way to find and change font on a specific set of rows?

I am looking for creative ideas here. At the beginning of our fiscal year, we copy just a specific set of rows from our enterprise project list to the IS project list. We change the font color on just this set in the receiving sheet so we have a visual cue when we look at the full list. Now, after the fact, we want to find all of the these rows with font color and change them to a different color. There is no other data item that I can use for grab just these rows.

I thought I might be able to do it with conditional formatting but no option exists. Ideally, I would create a formula that could find all rows where font = red and change to font= blue. But I don't think that is a real thing.

I'd rather not do this manually. Ideas?

Thanks!

Answers

• Todd M Keller
    Todd M Keller ✭✭✭✭

That is quite a pickle there…… If it were me, I may punt it over to Excel. At least you could filter by font color. At that point you would have some options.

You could add a new unique column with some identifiable value, pull the filtered list back into Smartsheet as a new sheet, then use VLOOKUP or INDEX(MATCH) to tag the rows that need editing…..

Sorry, but I cannot think of a way to do it within Smartsheet. I know this doesn't really count as a valid answer. ;)

Good luck, though…..

• Cathy Salscheider
    Cathy Salscheider ✭✭✭✭✭

Good thought. But I do think that the effort is not worth the squeeze. If I put my head down, I can manually get through them quicker. But I appreciate the idea!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!