How can I unwrap a column in a report that is not wrapped in the underlying sheet?

The built report has a column wrapping, but it is not wrapped on the underlying sheet. I've recreated the report a handful of times and went through each line item to confirm the cell and column are not set to wrap. Has anybody else had this problem and found a fix for it?

Answers

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭

All formatting sources from the individual sheet, you cannot change formatting via a report. So if you need to wrap the text in a report, you must wrap the cell on the source sheet.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Thank you @Jason Tarpinian. The column is not wrapped in the underlying sheet. However, it shows up wrapped in the report. Is this a glitch that can be fixed? I created a new report and went through each row to confirm the information in the problem column is not wrapped to try to fix the issue, but it continues to occur.

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not able to recreate that issue on my side. Maybe try wrapping the column on the sheet, saving, refresh the report, then unwrap the column on the sheet, save, then refresh the report again? Kind of a turn it off and on again solution?

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner