Can you make it so when clicking a pie chart slice it just pulls up data about that slice?

I have already created a pie chart but would like to make it so that when users click on one of the slices it brings them to a filtered view of data of just that specific slice. Is this at all possible? Right now when a user clicks on a slice it shows them data about all of the pie chart slices which is not what I want.

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Emmaa0712

Unfortunately that is not possible however…here's a work around you can do.

Create links below the graph, one for each slice of the pie and make separate dashboards for each. So all the reports and metrics will be filtered for that slice. When the user clicks on the link below the graph, a new dashboard will open and look exactly like the original dashboard but with filtered data. It helps to sometimes turn the font color of the link to something different on the filtered dashboard so that the user has an indicator of which dashboard they are on. Then add a "Home" link somewhere to all the dashboards except the original one so the user can always return to an unfiltered view on everything.

Even though its not the answer you were hoping for, I hope that helps in some way.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner