Users from China cannot logon

Guido
Guido
edited 08/05/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Since 3 Aug, users (Collaborators) from China cannot access Smartsheet anymore with the following message;

"Due to network connectivity or feature updates, Smartsheet is experiencing slow loading times."

Does anyone have the same experience and/or know how to solve this issue?

Tks

Answers

• Isaac A.
    Isaac A. Employee

Hi @Guido!

After carefully checking our records on the support side, we occasionally receive reports that Smartsheet has not been accessible from certain IP addresses in China. Although we are seeing continued usage originating from China, our Operations team has confirmed that www.smartsheet.com, app.smartsheet.com, and s3.amazonaws.com have been subject to blocking, presumably by the Chinese government. Unfortunately, it's unclear to us if these blocks are intermittent, temporary, or permanent.

If you didn't encounter this issue before, I recommend performing browser troubleshooting using the steps provided in this Help Center article: Issues Loading, Saving, or Downloading, as well as additional scenarios covered here: Troubleshoot Login Issues.

If the issue persists after trying the above, I would recommend contacting our support team through Smartsheet Support. Please be sure to provide the following additional information:

• Screenshot of the error message
    • Email addresses of the affected users
    • Complete troubleshooting steps taken
    • Network trace

I hope this information helps!

Cheers,

Isaac.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024🎉

October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now