Multi-worksheet excel linked to template for each worksheet?

TMGOEMAN
TMGOEMAN
edited 08/05/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Sorry, I'm new to SS but trying to see if we can use a single template to build access to dashboard for each worksheet in excel (about 30 worksheets in single file). Ideally, we want to be able to see each dashboard without opening a different file, either by tabs or scrolling screens. But I can't find anyway to do it some maybe I can't?

A little more info: each worksheet is already a type of dashboard but we are looking create something that can be shared with each client in a more attractive way as well as more efficient review by senior management.

thanks for any help or just clarity if not possible.

Tiffany

Answers

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There's no way to build legitimate tabs as you're describing. What I do for my teams is use the TITLE widget to create buttons/make-shift tabs. You can then edit the WIDGET BEHAVIOR to open up the next dashboard. It's not quite 30 tabs, you may have to get more creative for that. Then the dashboard/tab that you are on is formatted differently than the others.

If that's not a style you like, you could just also create hyperlinks to each dashboard on a sheet. Then build a report to embed on the dashboard that could link you to each dashboard, similar to this:

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner