Dynamic Views by row with data from row

Hi I'm trying to create my first Dynamic View.

I want to create a dynamic view that allows the person listed in the "viewer" column to be able to view the row. Basically the person would complete a form where they identify themselves as the viewer (I have a helper column that turns them into a contact) These will mostly be unlicensed users who use the dynamic view.

Example: We have outside employers that will complete a form to give us the name and identifier of an employee the name of the organization and organization contact and viewer (in case its different). I want the viewer to be able to see the row and updates on the row they created but not see any other rows. I won't be able to individually give them access so is there a way to create this dynamic view.

I looked at this post and it doesn't completely help though its definitely related.

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/110487/are-you-able-to-hide-specific-rows-from-people-on-a-shared-sheet?_gl=11jfppuy_gcl_auMTA0NDIwMDAwNC4xNzE5OTMxNzAz_gaNjM5OTMzNjc3LjE3MTk5MzE3MDM._ga_ZYH7XNXMZK*MTcyMjk2MDIzOC4yMy4xLjE3MjI5NjE4MjAuNTYuMC4w

Tags:

Answers

• Gillian C
    Gillian C Overachievers

Hi @BillyBossier

When you create your Dynamic View you can add the columns you want the individual to be able to see. This can be all of them or a few of them, you can also make some of them read only if you want them to only edit some of the cells. And you can also use the logic to limit how many cells the view can see based on what their answers are if that is important to you (the logic is built using dropdown type columns)

Once you have your dynamic view built you can filter it by the 'Viewer' column in the Settings page here …just select the relevant contact column from the dropdown menu. This will ensure that only the viewer named will see information or be able to update their information.

I would suggest creating a group (in group admin) and then sharing the Dynamic View to that group…that way you can just update the group as it changes rather than each sheet, report, dynamic view or dashboard.

Hope that helps?