How do I change this into a Yes / No Formula?

=COUNTIFS({Capabilities: Corporate Group | Name}, "Charles Becker", {Capabilities: Corporate Group | Expertise}, CONTAINS("Corporate", @cell)).

I am using this in a metrics sheet that is referencing my data sheet. I would also like to use the metrics sheet for reporting, which is part of the reason I am changing the above formula to a yes/no metric.

TIA for your help.

Felicia

Best Answer

• heyjay
    heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/06/24 Answer ✓

=IF(COUNTIFS({Capabilities: Corporate Group | Name}, "Charles Becker", {Capabilities: Corporate Group | Expertise}, CONTAINS("Corporate", @cell))> 0 , "Yes" , "No")

e: change 1 to 0.

Answers

• heyjay
    heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭

=IF(AND(
    {Capabilities: Corporate Group | Name}, "Charles Becker",
    {Capabilities: Corporate Group | Expertise}, CONTAINS("Corporate", @cell)
    ),"Yes", "No")

• Felicia Nabors
    Felicia Nabors ✭✭✭✭

Hi Heyjay,

Thanks for the answer, but it returns Invalid Data Type. That it what I got when I tried it on my on as well.

• heyjay
    heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you share a screenshot of your sheet so we can get a better picture?

• Felicia Nabors
    Felicia Nabors ✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/06/24

OK. Here is the current formula and screenshots of my data sheet and my metric sheet

=IF(AND({Capabilities: Corporate Group | Name}, "Charles Becker", CONTAINS({Capabilities: Corporate Group | Expertise}, "Corporate", @cell)), "yes", "no")

The name column is a contact list and of course the expertise column is a dropdown multi-select list

• Felicia Nabors
    Felicia Nabors ✭✭✭✭

I have also tried the following iterations of the formula

=IF(AND({Capabilities: Corporate Group | Name}, "Charles Becker", CONTAINS("Corporate", {Capabilities: Corporate Group | Expertise})), "yes", "no")

Result = Invalid Data Type

=IF(AND({Capabilities: Corporate Group | Name} = "Charles Becker", CONTAINS("Corporate", {Capabilities: Corporate Group | Expertise})), "yes","no")

Result = Invalid Operation Type

At this point, I'm not sure it can be done.

Felicia

• heyjay
    heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/06/24 Answer ✓

=IF(COUNTIFS({Capabilities: Corporate Group | Name}, "Charles Becker", {Capabilities: Corporate Group | Expertise}, CONTAINS("Corporate", @cell))> 0 , "Yes" , "No")

e: change 1 to 0.

• Felicia Nabors
    Felicia Nabors ✭✭✭✭

You are brilliant. Thank you so much.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!