Email

Does anyone know why sometimes some people do not get email when I send it out? For example, I will send out an email using our group distro but not everyone gets it, but then when I send it our again later in the day, everyone will get it. My settings are set properly.

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

You cannot send alerts to a Smartsheet Group, so I assume by 'using our group distro' that you are sending the alert to an email address that represents a Google Group or Outlook Group or something similar? If so then then if you're getting some emails to some group members but not others, then the flakiness is entirely on the Google Group/Outlook side and not Smartsheet.

If instead you're sending emails to a list of individual names in the alert automation, and it's not showing up for some, then check your Automation settings by clicking Automation…Manage and then click the Gear icon at top right. Smartsheet defaults to restricting emails to people shared to the sheet. So it's likely that some of the team members aren't shared. You can either open up the permissions more broadly for the automation, or share the sheet to the missing folks.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• minh.h.nguyen
    minh.h.nguyen ✭✭✭✭

Hello Brian,

wanted to clarify on your response. It is not an alert, our "group distro" has everyone's email address in there, so when we send an email out to the "distro", everyone in the "distro" should get that email. For some reason, there will be times some people don't get the emails and that is what I am trying to figure out, why?

My automation is already set for everyone to be able to receive the emails. It's not like those people don't get those emails, it's that they will get it sometime and other times they won't.

• Brian_Richardson

So if it’s not an automation alert, what email are you sending out?

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• minh.h.nguyen
    minh.h.nguyen ✭✭✭✭

It is an email to notify our carriers that we have booked a bill and it is ready for them to pick up.

• Brian_Richardson

Ok I see now, so this is a manual "Send row via email" it looks like. There's no real reason I can think of that would cause some, but not all, of your recipients to get your email. Unless your system administrator has restricted sending to certain emails/domains via the Safe Sharing Policy.

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• minh.h.nguyen
    minh.h.nguyen ✭✭✭✭

ok, thank you for taking a look. I added all the domains that are needed, so hopefully that will solve the problem.