Multi Layer Card/Board View

I am looking to do a multi layer card or board view. Basically if I want to view by one field, and then have a sub field to view off of that. Is there a way to do this?

Example: I have a project that I viewing by the stage it is in, but I want to also view it by priority, is this possible?

I know this has been asked before, and it wasn't a possibility, but that was back in 2016, and the later ones never got a response. Anyone know if this is possible?

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

No it's not possible. You can set lanes by 1 field only.

Perhaps you could use conditional formatting to colorize the cards by priority or stage, whichever item is not the lanes. Then you'd have a nice visual at least. You can also include the Stage as a field on the card.

Another option is that the new Board view has a nice hierarchical view that shows children cards underneath parent cards. If you setup a parent row for each priority and then setup your items as children under those rows based on their priorities, you can have your board lanes be by stage dropdown, and then you'll see a card for each priority with the projects in that priority category.

You'll need to rearrange your children when priority changes…which isn't possible to automate…so this approach does drive more manual effort to keep the data intact. But I'm guessing priority doesn't change a whole lot, so it may be a reasonable approach.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN