Returning a PASS FAIL based on percentage score results

I am trying to return a Pass Fail text based on the percentage of a total score. I am creating an audit form and based on a final score (total points/available points). I am using the below formula but for some reason no matter what the score is, I am seeing a FAIL response. Score must be 90% or higher to pass.

=IF(AND(COUNTIFS([Final Score]@row, @cell > 0) = 1, SUM([Final Score]@row) >= 90), "PASS", IF(AND([Final Score]@row >= 90, [Final Score]@row >= 90), "PASS", "FAIL"))

When I change the last " > = 90" to a "< = 90", the score will change to Pass but will not change again if the score drops below 90, it remains Pass.

If someone also knows how I can create an auto fail response in the same column based on a text response, example: Question 3a, Response = NO; Score = Auto Fail. So wanted to have the "Final Rating" column read FAIL based on question response.

Answers

• NickStaffordPM
    NickStaffordPM ✭✭✭✭✭

I could understand incorrectly but I think this should work if it is simply you need 90% or above to pass and there is not other manditory conditions.

=IF([Final Score]@row>=.90,"Pass",if([Final Score]<.90,"Fail","Error"))

or maybe even…

=IF([Final Score]@row>=.90,"Pass", "Fail")

If you found this comment useful, please let me know by clicking one of the buttons below: Awesome, Insightful, Upvote, or Accepted Answer. Your feedback will assist others looking for the same information and also help me out.

Thanks!

Nick Stafford

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!